The Organizational Fit Index by Ascendance is a tool designed to assess how well employees align with their company’s core values and determine if they are a good fit for the organization. This article will guide you through the process of using the index and understanding its key elements.
Step 1: Enter Core Corporate Values
Begin by entering your company’s core corporate values and their definitions into the designated areas. For example, empathy can be defined as the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
Step 2: Analyze Employee Performance
The Organizational Fit Index will display a list of your team members, their respective teams, and suggested action steps. To evaluate a new team member, input their information, and rate their performance based on the following factors:
- Alignment with core values
- Work Ability (e.g., knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the job)
- Cultural fit
- Performance level (e.g., meeting quotas, achieving goals)
- Compensation satisfaction
- Retention likelihood
Step 3: Determine Employee Status
Employees are categorized into one of the following:
- Index Leader: These employees align well with the company values, demonstrate strong workability and performance, and are considered valuable assets. You would fight to keep them and rehire them at their current compensation level or higher.
- Help Employee Grow: Employees in this category may require guidance to improve in certain areas. Assign an Index Leader or manager to work with them and help them develop into an Index Leader.
- Performance Improvement Plan: Employees who do not align with more than two core values or have workability issues may need a performance improvement plan to determine if they are a suitable fit for the company.
- Dramatic Improvement Necessary: Employees with poor workability or unacceptable performance levels may require immediate termination or significant changes to their roles.
Step 4: Use Recommendations Wisely
The action steps provided by the Organizational Fit Index are recommendations only. Management should consider additional factors and use their judgment to determine the best course of action for each employee.
The Organizational Fit Index by Ascendance offers a structured approach to evaluating employees and ensuring they align with your company’s values and culture. Use this tool to identify areas of improvement and develop strategies for employee growth, ultimately creating a more cohesive and successful organization. Remember, however, that the recommendations provided should be taken with a grain of salt and adapted to fit your organization’s unique needs.